She's the Apple of Our Eye Baby Shower


Everything came together for my sister's baby shower! And anything that didn't come together just wasn't meant to be :)




The only thing that I could have done better is inviting and making sure more people could make it. But it was still fun to celebrate little Baby Roque! I'm so excited to meet this cute little bundle! Although, I'm sure my sister's even more ready for her to come than I am ;)


THE PREP WORK

I haven't baked much since I was pregnant with Ian so it was fun to bake the treats for this baby shower. Mini apple pies and chocolate raspberry crumb bars -- yum! Brylee enjoyed helping me in the kitchen. For future reference: I need to put food items out of reach when my back is turned as I roll out pie dough. Two apples (apples we weren't using for the pies) had little pieces picked out of them because Brylee got hungry, and I'm still not sure how much brown sugar she ate out of the bag. At least the goodies turned out yummy :)


CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY CRUMB BARS

I used this recipe for the chocolate raspberry crumb bars, except I used a cup of oats in place of one of the cups of flour. With the sweetened condensed milk and full bag of chocolate chips, I thought these would be entirely too sweet. But they actually turned out great.


MINI APPLE PIES

The apple pies were a recipe I learned from a college friend.

The dough is:
2 cups flour
1 TBSP wheat germ or flax seed
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted margarine or oil
1/2 cup cold water

I mixed the flour, wheat germ and salt and set aside, then whisked together the oil and water and added it to the flour mixture. It's SO easy to roll out between two pieces of parchment paper.

4 apples then get mixed with:
a couple squeezes of lemon juice
a few sprinkles of cinnamon to coat
a pinch of ground cloves
a TBSP or 2 of sugar
1/4 cup tapioca or cornstarch

I seriously never knew a good apple pie could be so easy to make and so sugar-less!